Saturday 23 April 2011

Bio gas in Hungary

I punched in Hungary into the GPS and it said 5.5 hours and to Australian standards this is only around the corner so off I went. I arrived at Andrew Hunters a Nuffield scholar who farms in Hungary near Gyor about 130 km from Budapest, to find him with three of the farms directors two who are Nuffield scholars showing them the nearly completed biogas projects and aims for switch on next week. For a arable boy this was amazing to see bolted onto the diary to handle slurry and produce electricity.
Andrews arable manager Ryan stones an ex Writtle boy like me showed me around the farm and potatoe packing sheds.



The sun was out and all looks well, but like England becoming very dry and causing problems with spring plantings.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment